Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Week 7 Reflections

What did you think about, or worry about, as you began to grapple with creating a unit for an online course?

I am more enthusiastic than worried about the project. The partner finding process was unstructured, but I found a partner with the same interests. We have already Skyped and started a wiki for collaboration. My only concern is addressing the breadth of best practices for online teaching. We have read a great deal on the attributes of what makes an online course engaging - frequent communication, structured interactions, teacher online training, and student online tool training. We will not have an opportunity to actually use the course, so we will not get feedback to improve the course. Lastly, if I were doing this for real, I would work with a small group of students to design it and try ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment